LAVENDAR ESSENTIAL OIL
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The French scientist René Gattefossé was among the first to discover these properties when he was severely burned in a laboratory explosion. Lavender may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lavender has an approximate ORAC of 3,669 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Item No. 3575
Skin Irritations, Balancing, Relaxing
Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
How To Use
For dietary, aromatic or topical use. When using as a supplement, put one drop in a capsule or in 4 fl. oz. of rice or goat's milk.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Dilution not required; suitable for all but the most sensitive skin. Generally safe for children over 2 years of age.
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- You may be able to minimize the appearance of scar tissue by massaging lavender essential oil on or around affected areas.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to minimize seasonal discomforts.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work.